[K12OSN] Solution? Managing Identical logins

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Wed Feb 2 08:43:13 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 01 Feb 2005 6:39 pm, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> Attention script writers:
> I just had an idea. Is it possible to run a script at beginning of login
> that would do this
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> if [$USER != root]
> then
>    if [who | grep $USER]  #this line needs some help
>    then
>       #abort login (not sure how to do this)
>    fi
> fi
>
> basically check to see if the user is already logged in and abort login if
> true. I am not familiar with bash script writing. It's on my to learn list.
>
> At least this way the student who is already logged on with the username
> will not get kicked off. Only the second attempt to login with the same
> username will fail.

There is a posting about this very subject here
http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2004-September/msg00567.html
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation