[K12OSN] hyperthreading

M.Pribik mpribik at zoznam.sk
Wed Feb 2 14:09:08 UTC 2005

Thank you all, the problem is solved and was trivial. In computer shop
installed me processor P4 without HT.
After installing the correct one, with HT all work perfectly.

I must changed standard kernel from distribution K12LTSP 4.2 to kernel with
smp included.
It was done by the valuable advice of Dan Yong:
   #    yum install kernel-smp system-config-boot
the instalation runs without problem via ADSL internet line.
After instalation the new part menu appears in System settings->System
loader. There
it is needed to change the pointer for Fedora Core (2.6.10-1.741_FC3smp)
/number of version may variable/
Then restart computer.
All should work O.K. Do not forget enable Hyperthreading in BIOS!

M.Pribik