[K12OSN] OT: hard drive emergency

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Feb 2 14:28:18 UTC 2005

My neighbor re-installed his Windows box from scratch a few months ago--it was
either XP or ME, I can't remember which.  He had forgotten that his iPod was
attached during this, and afterward discoverd that all the music he had on the
iPod was trashed/gone/unavailable.  I can't see any logical connection between
his experience and yours, aside from the correlation that anytime a change is
made to the OS, having an iPod connected during the change seems to wreak havoc.

Petre