[K12OSN] Icon / Theme weirdness

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Thu Feb 3 04:18:20 UTC 2005

Yes, I see what you are getting at. It's a permissions issue. The
permissions of and in her home directory look correct.

All the accounts are created on server_1  then a script copies
/etc/passwd
/etc/shadow
/etc/group
/etc/hosts
/etc/samba/smbpasswd

over to server 2 & 3 so it's not a permissions variance between servers.

John

From: Petre Scheie <petre maltzen net>

What are the file permissions in the teacher's $HOME when it's mounted
on server 3?

Petre

John Baillie wrote:
        Hello,

        We've got a small problem and I can't quit figure out what's going on.
        Here's the scenario:
        Three Servers.
        Home is nfs mounted off server_1
        Mrs. Teacher logs on to her terminal which is connected to
        server 3
        Her desktop theme is generic Gnome icons and such and she cannot
        change her icon set.

        Mrs. Teacher logs on to either server_1 or server_2 and she has
        the nice bluecurv icons and she can change her icon set.

        Other users can customize their theme icons on server_3

        Any ideas?

        Thanks

        John