[K12OSN] Adding a link to a menu

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Feb 4 04:45:32 UTC 2005

> I just added Xampp to k12ltsp and it's working fine. The mysql
> control panel is at http://localhost/phpmyadmin/. How would I place
> that into a menu,  lets say under Application/Internet for instance.
> If I wanted to have PhpMyAdmin listed there, how would I do that?
> Thanks in advance!!!!

My first thought is to simply just drag from the browser to the desktop for
a shortcut and leave it at that.  From what I have seen here recently I
think that menu editing (depending on the window manager) is still a black
magic.  If you don't want a clustered up desktop just make a folder
called "Shortcuts" or something and slam all of your app shortcuts there.
Should be easy to manage or push to other users that way as well.