[K12OSN] upgrade troubles (4.0.1 to 4.2)...xorg issue? possiblekernel issue?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Feb 4 19:50:49 UTC 2005

> Yea, I got that to, I found out I just put in the wrong
> resolution settings for my monitor, I was out of range, the
> way i fixed it....reinstall.

A quicker way would be to grab another monitor that works then change
things.  After one too many X problems on startup I now try to make a
habit of checking the box on the final screen before reboot that says
boot to terminal or something like that.  Then I am safe no matter what
X wants to do.  Then I can startx quick if I want.  Saves some
headaches.