[ok-mail] [K12OSN] network design

Sharon Betts sbetts at msad71.net
Sat Feb 5 13:55:48 UTC 2005

Hi John,
	I am very familiar with K12LTSP (running a pilot in one grade now).
However, I do not need all the programs that come with the package -- also
prefer to boot the terminals locally.   My request here is for some bigger
thinking -- I wasn't very clear.   Should I put a server in each building
(5) -- at each level or for specific applications?   How many connections
can a server handle (remember I have 3000 users)?   What is the best way
to handle authentication and/or DHCP?   We do use Star Office (free to
education now) across the district as well as many other OS apps.
Sharon

jhansknecht at hanstech.com on Saturday, February 05, 2005 at 9:00 AM +0000