Fwd: Re: [ok-mail] [K12OSN] network design

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Sat Feb 5 20:56:01 UTC 2005

I think this was meant for the k12osn list as well.

Subject: Re: [ok-mail] [K12OSN] network design
Date: Saturday 05 February 2005 09:04
From: cliebow at downeast.net
To: jhansknecht at hanstech.com

so you have a firewall in each school..not fiberoptic??here we are under
one firewall..i have some terminals set up so they will do regular ltsp on
ctrl-alt-f1  rdesktop on ctrl-alt-f2 and nx on ctrl-alt-f3..with gideons
new work you couuld even put extra nx sessions to diffeent servers..with
maybe a common file ldap and print server??
the big question is how segmented are you..
we run six schools thru one firewall via fiberoptic and segregate the
networks so winblows viruses dont pass thru with a managed
switch..chuck

http://ellsworthme.com/

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)