[K12OSN] Can't get to the bottom of deep menus.

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sat Feb 5 22:38:36 UTC 2005

> Thanks for looking at my X troubles.  I just can't find any
> documentation on other XSERVER choices...  I'm thinking that this is
> probably the last place to look... I have tried all of the x_modes
> below found in the lts.conf file:
> [lib03]
>         XSERVER            = auto
> # 60 Hz Resolutions
>         X_MODE_0 = 800x600
> #        X_MODE_0 = 1024x768  65      1024 1048 1184 1344   768 771 777
806 -hsync -vsync

Are all of the monitors that don't work the same brand and model?  If so
what is is?  Maybe you could lookup the monitors and find supported
resolutions with refresh rates.  Then chase down the proper settings.  You
don't by any chance have a backup of the old setup lying around that you
could pull the lts.conf from and see what things were set to before do you?
Maybe you could build a quick test machine with 3.1.2 if not and boot one of
the troublesome clients from it to be sure things are working, then grab the
lts.conf from the working 3.1.2 system and try it in your 4.2 box.

Here is a link I found in the archives for some other settings to try:
http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/modelines.html