[K12OSN] Re: Re: Customised smbldap-useradd-bulk script

Matt Oquist moquist-k12osn at majen.net
Sun Feb 6 18:27:49 UTC 2005

Version 1.2-beta of the smbldap-installer script is available at
http://majen.net/smbldap-installer-1.2-beta.tgz

This version has been updated to include "shell" and "home" fields in
the input to smbldap-useradd bulk.  This means that you can use
userinfo.start and 'make' to create users just as you could
previously, but if you wish you can also manipulate the input for
smbldap-useradd-bulk yourself.

For example, you could use create-usernames to create your usernames,
and then use a spreadsheet (or whatever else) to add customized home
directories and/or shells.  Then you could give that input to
smbldap-useradd-bulk to create your users on the system.

Both create-usernames and smbldap-useradd-bulk have inline
documentation:
$ create-usernames --help
$ smbldap-useradd-bulk --help

And, as always, you can look in the Makefile to see how it's using the
two scripts.

This is a beta version because:
1. the roving profiles problem we've been discussing is not solved
2. the included Samba-LDAP_smbldap-installer document is not updated
   to reflect the changes to smbldap-useradd-bulk
3. it has not undergone full testing

Please let me know if these changes are the "right changes", and of
course let me know about all the bugs you find.  :)

--matt