[K12OSN]Help....smbldap-installerandroamingprofiles....Ineedhelp to fix

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Feb 7 19:34:51 UTC 2005

> Can you try it with a "normal" password and see if you get
> the same result?  I will be working on all of this beginning
> in about 15 mins.
> I've got several things to try....including going back to an
> earlier version of smbldap-tools.

Funny you ask that.  I immediately tried with smbpasswd -w test after I
sent the message.  It worked fine.  But now I can't issue the command to
change it back :-)  I did however view /etc/samba/secrets.tdb before
trying with -w test to see if I could see a difference in how the file
stored the data.  And I think the script must compensate for this after
observing the change:

Before issuing -w test:
&SECRETS/LDAP_BIND_PW/cn=Manager,dc=winonacotter,dc=orgpa!sswd

After issuing -w test:
&SECRETS/LDAP_BIND_PW/cn=Manager,dc=winonacotter,dc=orgtest

Since the pa was not cut off before the change I will assume that the
script compensated for the strange character.

Could someone let me know what to put around # smbpasswd -w pa!sswd in
order not get the error so I can reset things :-)