[K12OSN] OO locks up clients

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Wed Feb 9 12:13:13 UTC 2005

From: Eric Harrison
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Huck wrote:

> when using Writer and right-clicking on typo'd text with the squiggly
red line
> under it...
> the clients lock up...
> I've looked through logs to try and find a cause but have yet to
locate
> anything...
> can others attempt to recreate this?
>
> I didn't believe it until students said, "hey watch, I can lock this
thing up
> whenever I want"
> sure nuff..locked up...

It is a bit slow for me the first time I do it (loading the dictionary,
I assume), but after that it is fast.

I don't see anything on this in bugzilla. What version are you using?

-Eric

We have observed this many times since upgrading to K12 Ver 4.1.1, but
only when the lab was at full capacity.

On a related note: HP mentioned in it's white paper on MS terminal
services, that server performance was enhanced and scaled better by
turning off numerous non critical services one of which was Auto Spell
Check as the default in MS Office.

John