[K12OSN] 486s or PIs

Robert Lefebvre robert.r.lefebvre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:41:28 UTC 2005

I'm looking to get used computers donated for use in developing world
countries and using K12LTSP. I can ask for any type of computer I want
(I might not get them but I can always ask :-) but the older the unit
the better the chance of getting it for free. There is even the
possibility of picking up the old ones locally in those countries even
if it means buying them, because they may be less than what it costs
to ship them. So my question is "What kind of performance hit would we
take by using 486's as thin clients instead of PIs or PIIs ?? My
initial thought is none. Am I correct?
--
MissionaryNet.org - bringing the 21st Century technology to The Great Commission