[K12OSN] Making K12LTSP "school friendly"

Sharon Betts sbetts at msad71.net
Wed Feb 9 22:56:54 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 at 5:10 PM +0000 wrote:
>Maybe the answer is to develop GPL'd software to replace Reader Rabbit
>and all the other hot titles that I keep hearing about

I also think that many of these "killer" apps can be make into web
applications.  Just look at starfall.com --
Look at the Sun Star Office tutorials,   Learn2Type,  etc.
Actually, I believe some of the companies (Broderbund, Thompson etc.) are
also looking at offering web models of their programs.  Then all you need
is a browser!!

Sharon
MSAD#71 Director of Educational Technology
sbetts at msad71.net          http://www.msad71.net     207-985-1100
"To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
Robert Orben