[K12OSN] Ldap + smb auth?

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Fri Feb 11 17:43:41 UTC 2005

That's an interesting idea.  I don't see why it wouldn't work.  For
example you could probably write a PAM backend to read the passwords
from a plaintext file (why you would do this, I don't know).... The only
thing would be creating the ldap user when you add a new Active
Directory user. A solution to this would be to poll the Active Directory
and, export the data from Active Directory, mangle it (perl time!), and
then ldapadd it to the Linux LDAP server.  Could be done, and run
nightly or however often you need.  I did all my Active Directory
modifications (400 users) using a perl script... It added the new unix
UID number, home directory, shell info, everything to the users (after I
had a schema installed).

Henry