[K12OSN] Making K12LTSP 'school friendly'

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Feb 11 23:53:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:56:13AM -0800, richard ingalls wrote:
> go for it bill!  i love what you've already created -
> especially tuxpaint.  and tuxmath would probably be my
> favorite math program ever (for basic skills) IF i
> could adjust the settings to only have addition or
> only subtraction (etc... you get the point), and
> single digits, double-digits, etc.  why, i bet i could
> convince my school district to pay you some money to
> add that feature to your already wonderful program.

Grab the CVS version, try it out, and send me your feedback. ;)

> i use your apps in my Windows-only lab (stand-alone
> PCs).  i'd like to see a way to make them work faster
> in my LTSP labs, but i'm NOT using Xeons or Gigabit,
> so i'm probably outta luck there....

Tux Math's fancy backgrounds can be turned off, which can help.
Tux Paint has some modes for lightening its XOR-line blitting
when preparing to draw a line, shape or place a stamp...
Try 'em out, if you haven't. :^)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com         "I'm anticipating an all-out tactical
http://newbreedsoftware.com/      dog-fight, followed by a light dinner."