[K12OSN] Re: Two related problems

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Sat Feb 12 02:21:25 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Friday, February 11, 2005 at 4:49 PM +0000 wrote:
>>2nd question, which is related because the system is fine as long as
>>no one reboots it is ... How do I keep regular users from rebooting
>>the system?

If you are using K12LTSP 4.2 (or even an earlier version)....you'll notice
that no one else can restart the system....only root can do that.  We
thought of that one a LONG time ago.  Actually reboot and shutdown show
up, but they don't do anything...except possibly log out.

In the future if you don't get an answer....keep asking....post
again...sometimes the messages get buried....also make sure your subject
"grabs" attention and perhaps specifies a little about the problem  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us