[K12OSN] Re: time stopped

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:33:21 UTC 2005

>>Should I try the non-SMP kernel?
>>
>>I also see this:
>>atkbd.c: Keyboard on isa0060/serio0 reports too many keys pressed.
>>
>>Maybe a faulty keyboard creating an interrupt storm?  I can try a new
>>keyboard next time I go over there...
>>

>I can't recall if you posted the setup of your server or not... but, if you
>are using a KVM switch I would suggest hooking up a keyboard directly to
>the
>server, or a different keyboard.
>
>What kernel are you using? Have you tried a custom kernel?

It is a p4 desktop system, using K12LTSP 4.2  installed with all the
defaults -- K12 Terminal Server option in the installer.

No KVM.

The default kernel is the SMP kernel, so next time I go over there
I will try booting the other one, and I will bring another keyboard.

I am actually thinking it may be the 2nd nic causing the problem.
It is a pcnet32 which I have never been able to use with FreeBSD,
so when it worked on Linux I was pretty happy. That is my next
trade-out if the keyboard and kernel change make no difference.

Thanks for your time.