[K12OSN] running DHCP by default

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:44:18 UTC 2005

I've done it again.  I just got a visit from a network guy complaining
that I'm spewing bogus IP numbers to anyone who requests one.  It's
the third time.  The first time it disabled a lab that I was teaching
in.

I'd like to lobby for there be one more step required before making
this mistake.  Maybe a process could run and see if there was a DHCP
server on an interface before cranking up a second one.  That might be
a way to do it that would keep boneheads like me from drawing ire from
folks running the network.
--
Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville