[K12OSN] Accessing Windows shares from K12LTSP

Jon White jwhite at shaker.k12.nh.us
Fri Feb 18 16:36:14 UTC 2005

I've been trying to wrap my brain around this problem and have had no
success, so hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

What I've got is a middle school with approx 400 students, each with
their own username and "home" directory on a Win2K Active Directory
domain controller.

To this I've added a small K12LTSP lab, that is currently using the AD
information for authentication. (Students login with
domainname-adusername and their AD password.)

What I need to try and do is setup a way to allow the user to connect to
their Win2K home folder when they're logged into the K12LTSP server,
while preserving their login credentials so that they can only see their
own files.

The current path to the home folders is \\server\users\yog\username.

If I can just get it to connect to \\server\users, then it's not a
problem letting the users browse through to their personal folders.

Any ides will be much appreciated.
--
Jonathan S. White
Computer Technician