[K12OSN] Presentation Freezing

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 18:11:41 UTC 2005

No commas in the crontab file (at least not in mine).

Here is a sample that I pulled from "man crontab".  In
my crontab file, the 6th field is usually "root" --
the user whose account will run the specified command.
 This sample seems to indicate that specifying the
user is optional.  Hmmm.

The ">> $HOME/tmp/out 2>&1" part means to send all
output, errors and otherwise, to a file: $HOME/tmp/out

-Rob

# use /bin/sh to run commands, overriding the default
set by cron
     SHELL=/bin/sh
     # mail any output to `paul', no matter whose
crontab this is
     MAILTO=paul
     #
     # run five minutes after midnight, every day
     5 0 * * *	     $HOME/bin/daily.job >>
$HOME/tmp/out 2>&1
     # run at 2:15pm on the first of every month --
output mailed to paul
     15 14 1 * *     $HOME/bin/monthly
     # run at 10 pm on weekdays, annoy Joe
     0 22 * * 1-5    mail -s "It's 10pm"
joe%Joe,%%Where are your kids?%
     23 0-23/2 * * * echo "run 23 minutes after midn,
2am, 4am ..., everyday"
     5 4 * * sun     echo "run at 5 after 4 every
sunday"

--- Brandon Kovach <bkovach at lrhs.greene-r8.k12.mo.us>