[K12OSN] dhcpd and tftp

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Feb 19 00:01:53 UTC 2005

There were a few "managed hubs" made in the past, but today everything's
pretty much switches.  The only reason a hub or switch would need an IP
address is if it allows you to telnet into it and make configuration
changes (duplex, port speed, etc.).  The cheapie $40 NetGear or LinkSys
switches do not have IP addresses.

As for the IP addressing scheme:  192.168.0.0/24 is the default for
K12LTSP.  Have you done any special tweaks from the default on this
server, including but not limited to, say, /etc/dhcpd.conf?

--TP