Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] Grub interactive booting problem

Boris Lenzinger boris.lenzinger at castify.net
Tue Feb 22 14:27:25 UTC 2005

I've read around about this problem and the reason is probably that you
don't use the initrd with the version number of the kernel...
For instance, lines in my grub.conf are the following:
title Fedora Core (2.6.10-1.766_FC3)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.766_FC3 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.10-1.766_FC3.img
You really have to use the same version for initrd and for the kernel
else you will always get in trouble.
Could you send the line you use for booting ?

Boris