[K12OSN] Yum, Up2date, Apt on FC3

richard ingalls aslansreturn at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 15:38:45 UTC 2005

I have a one week old install of FC3 on a production
server in a classroom.  I cannot get anything to
upgrade!  Why?  I have DL'd webmin from webmin.com and
the flash-plugin from mplug, but I had to do it
manually.  The scripts in the "Install Additional
Software" folder aren't connecting.  This is pretty
much a default install of 4.2.0 - shouldn't everything
work out of the box?

My question is: how do i keep this system updated and
upgraded?

With my old RH8 boxes I simply used yum or apt or
synaptic - and they worked!  On this FC3 box, nothing
is connecting.  What gives, eh?