[K12OSN] Custom XF86Config

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Fri Feb 25 14:24:54 UTC 2005

Jim,

Your custom config file goes in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc

When the client boots, it copies your custom file to /tmp on the client,
which is a ramdisk, so it's only visible to the client.

When the copy is made, it's clled 'XF86Config.1', because if you have
multiple SCREEN_xx lines setup, each one will have it's own config file.

You can make sure that /tmp/XF86Config.1 is the same as your custom
file, by setting:

    SCREEN_01 = startx
    SCREEN_02 = shell

Then, once X is up and running, hit Ctrl-Alt-F2, and switch to the text
screen, and take a look at /tmp/XF86Config.1 using 'more'.

Hope that helps,
Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org