[K12OSN] Re: OT-Samba/Win2k Problem

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Sun Feb 27 06:27:55 UTC 2005

Thanks a lot.  That solved it.
(I coulda sworn I've always done it with the check box.)

Carl Keil wrote:

> Nevermind, I think I may have found the culprit:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-008.mspx?pf=true
> Has anyone else had a problem with this patch?
> How does one update samba?  yum update samba?  smb?
>
> ck

I think your problem might lie between the lines above...

When you tick the 'Reconnect at logon', Windows will use the credentials
of the user that put the tick to map the drives...  and if you're not
that user then you have entered the wrong credentials...

Try again without ticking that checkbox and disconnect the Windows
drives as you log off.

cheers
Samps