[K12OSN] OOo 1.1.4 upgrade issue

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:27:34 UTC 2005

Terrell had a post describing how to upgrade OOo without removing the
older version.

----------snip------------------------
"Here it is.  Pretty simple, actually.  I added a line to the bottom of
.sversionrc and tweaked /usr/bin/ooffice.  Here are the files
post-editing.  I included the original /usr/bin/ooffice as "ooffice.bak"
for those who want to diff against the original (recommended).
Terrell Prude', Jr. <microman cmosnetworks com>
---------end-snip------------------

The mods are to ooffice and .sversionrc.  I can edit ooffice with these mods

#OOVERSION=1.0.2
OOVERSIONRC="$HOME/.sversionrc"
#OOHOME="$HOME/.openoffice"
OOVERSION=1.1.0
OOHOME="$HOME/OpenOffice.org1.1.4"

.sversionrc should be
[Versions]
OpenOffice.org 1.0.2=file:///home/terrell/.openoffice
OpenOffice.org 1.1.0=file:///home/terrell/OpenOffice.org1.1.4

how would I add this extra line to all existing users .sversionrc
files? I could just delete all .sversionrc and it would be re-created
when the users ran OOo but it would not have the first line.

--
Robert Arkiletian