[K12OSN] SquidGuard and Proxy Questions

Adam Melancon adammelancon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 02:51:14 UTC 2005

I don't know if you can use any of this, but I replaced my Iprism web
filter with squidguard, so I'm basically filtering on a seperate box.
Here is my documentation on how I did it.
There are also more links on that page to setups more like your own
that I used to help me with my project.
http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us/sysadminsite/squidguard/

Enjoy!

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:30:03 -0500, David Trask
<dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us> wrote:
> tlegge at rogers.com on Monday, January 3, 2005 at 9:01 PM +0000 wrote:
> >1) It does not seem possible to use transparent proxying without using a
> >second machine for the proxy server.
>

> Not only possible...I'm doing it.  I run an SME server with proxy,
> transparent proxying....running DansGuardian.  Works fantastic!
>
> David N. Trask
> Technology Teacher/Coordinator
> Vassalboro Community School
> dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us