[K12OSN] SquidGuard and Proxy Questions

KJ ksj2010 at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 4 12:02:36 UTC 2005

<snip>

>1) It does not seem possible to use transparent proxying without using a
>second machine for the proxy server.  If I wanted to use just one
>machine, how would I enforce the use of the proxy in FireFox for all
>users without modifying each user?

</snip>

I tried for a few months to figure out a way to run Squidguard and
transparent proxy only using the K12LTSP box.  It didn't work at all.
So I finally had to put in another box to do the proxy'ing.  Worked
great!  grab an old box, throw command line on and you're off to the races.
Adam's how too is extremely helpful!
KJ