[K12OSN] Re: SquidGuard and Proxy Questions

Quigg, Dale dale.quigg at aspentech.com
Tue Jan 4 16:42:39 UTC 2005

> Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:01:26 -0400
> From: Timothy Legge <tlegge at rogers.com>
> Subject: [K12OSN] SquidGuard and Proxy Questions

<snip>

> 2) If you used a second machine with IPCOP and squidGuard installed,
> how do you stop access to Google images with safesearch turned off?

Hi Tim,

I use ClarkConnect for a firewall/gateway/filter and really appreciate its
bang-for-the-buck.  Anyway, if you also use DansGuardian you can add rules
like these to the phraselist;

#-----
# Google
< safesearch is off >,< about google >,< Advanced Image Search >
# Yahoo
< safesearch is off >, < images >
# Dogpile, Excite, Webcrawler
< likely to contain adult content >,< results with adult content >
#-----

Hope this helps.
Dale Quigg

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any
printout thereof.