[K12OSN] Apache userdir not working

Jack jackpal at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jan 5 01:35:28 UTC 2005

Removed the line as Jesus said but still having the same error:

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    #
    # UserDir is disabled by default since it can confirm the presence
    # of a username on the system (depending on home directory
    # permissions).
    #

    #
    # To enable requests to /~user/ to serve the user's public_html
    # directory, remove the "UserDir disable" line above, and uncomment
    # the following line instead:
    #
    UserDir public_html

</IfModule>

#
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
#
<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

Permissions have been changed to 711 for /home/jack  and 755 for
public_html.  I've done this before.  Sometimes Apache is a mystery for
me.

Jack

--
Jack <jackpal at cfl.rr.com>