[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 11, Issue 1

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Wed Jan 5 14:41:58 UTC 2005

Gavin,

I've seen this type of technology before demoed (I don't remember the
brand).  Basically, it is interactive remotes for the class.  You can
run a powerpoint or other type of presentation (using their software),
and quiz the kids on it (multiple choice, etc).  You then get instant
results (how many didn't understand, how many got it right, etc), and
can even have kids punch in the answers from their homework the night
before on the remote (if it was multiple choice), and bing.. you've got
graded homework.

The device I saw didn't have software compatible with linux.

With this company, the cost is in the hardware (they want to encourage
people to write software to work with their hardware).  So this is
really cool that you can use Linux with one of these types of devices.

Henry