[K12OSN] Off-topic: SuSE Linux 9.2, LTSP, and MS Exchange Server

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jan 6 03:31:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 20:19, "Terrell Prudé, Jr." wrote:
> Professional also makes a *terrific* desktop for typical Windows users.
> The GUI administration tools that come with it are, I find, really
> good.  But for our purposes, there's a problem.  SuSE 9.2 Pro, though it
> comes with the slick new Evolution 2.0, does not come with the Evolution
> Connector that lets you talk to MS Exchange 2000/2003 groupware
> servers.

Is there something specific you like better than FC3/k12ltsp4.2
which includes a connector-enabled Evolution 2.0 out of the
box?

> This would also be a low-cost way to set up the staff on the LTSP
> architecture.

You should point out that the connector requires Exchange 2000 or
later.  It won't work if you are still running 5.x, although
you may be able to get email if the pop/imap interface is
enabled on the server.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com