[K12OSN] Sound AGAIN! RealPlayer 10

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Thu Jan 6 14:15:37 UTC 2005

why is everyone so set on esd?  I have K12LTSP 4.1 (based on FC2) I'm
using nasd and sound works for everything....flash, mozilla, realplayer
10, etc.  All I had to do was enable it in lts.conf

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Thursday, January 06, 2005 at 6:29 AM +0000 wrote:
>Hello!
>
>In K12LTSP 4.2.0 sound works ok at the thin clients if I choose ESD as
>sound system in lts.conf, set sound system in X to ESD and also in e g
>the
>options to XMMS.
>
>But: I have not managed to get RealPlayer 10 to make any sound. I get the
>error: "Error: Cannot open the audio device. Another application may be
>using it."
>
>Will it at all be possible to get RealPlayer 10 to work at the thin
>clients?
>
>Bjorn Roger Rasmussen

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator