[K12OSN] Sound continued...

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Jan 7 20:14:50 UTC 2005

> What exactly does the sound hack in 4.2 do? I thought it would keep
> the /tmp/.esd/socket in place, it does not. I have just changed it from
> no to yes. I have not run any scripts after that, should I have?

I just disabled esd on all systems since with it, my RH9 K12LTSP went very unstable.    The sound hack says it can cause instability: Trust it, it can.   I would change it back to no asap, but that is based on my nightmare for the last week.  I will be trying to get nasd working this weekend instead.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins