[K12OSN] WhiteBoxLinux K12LSTP Test NAT problem....

Rich McCue rmccue at law.uvic.ca
Sat Jan 8 18:45:42 UTC 2005

Adam,

I checked iptables and get:

[root at dilbert ipv4]# /sbin/iptables -L -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source           destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source           destination
MASQUERADE  all   --  anywhere        anywhere

Chain OUTPUT  (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source           destination

Is that what I should be getting?

I also checked the  echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward  and it is
there with the value of 1.

I also restarted the nat service.  How can I tell if it is actually running?

Thanks for your help.  I'm getting stressed out over this one.

Rich