[K12OSN] K12LTSP demonstration in Salt Lake City, UT / Update

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:29:50 UTC 2005

I've been invited by a small group of schools to demonatrate K12LTSP
this Wednesday evening in Sandy (Salt Lake area), Utah.  Anyone who is
interested is welcome to contact me and attend.  I'll also be
attending a Symbio Technologies seminar next week in New York, and
could arrange demonstrations in that area with enough notice.

We've now completed our second full school installation, selling the
installation and hardware as a "business."  This last one we ended up
using wireless gateways because of wiring difficulties in an old
building.  It seems to be working well, thanks to some tips from
Gideon Romm at Symbio Technologies.

We are also selling a K12LTSP "starter" server for those who are
interested in implementing K12LTSP, but don't want to start from
scratch.  Dual Xeon 2.2 GHz, 2GB RAM (upgradable, will support 20
users in this config), four hours of telephone tech support from our
staff to help set up, and two additional hours of support from
DisklessWorkstations included.  $2950.

I remain anxious to find ways to bring this great technology to more
schools, and to contribute back to those who have worked so hard to
develop and maintain it.  Your comments or advice are welcome.

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon
916-652-8600 ext. 711