[K12OSN] Java issue here too (k12 4.1.1)

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Tue Jan 11 02:06:56 UTC 2005

We have a 4.1.1 k12 server that I installed firefox on. Went back to
Mozilla and now sites with java crash mozilla.

I have done the following
yum remove firefox
yum remove j2re*
yum remove mozilla

reinstalled mozilla and j2re and j2re-plugin via yum

I looked at the sym links and all appear to be correct

[root at thomas plugins]# ls -l libjavaplugin_oji.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 67 Jan 10 20:40 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_05/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

and I have compared this server to another and everything looks the
same. Obviously it's not :-\ but darn if I can see it. I'll try the
script in Install Additional Software dir but I'm looking at the
get.java script it refers to and it seems that yum install should work
what am I overlooking here?

Thanks,
John