[K12OSN] Re: Java issue here too (k12 4.1.1) solved

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Wed Jan 12 02:51:21 UTC 2005

JAVA

I downloaded the rpm version of JRE 5.1.0 Update 1
from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp

Installed per instructions at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/jre/install-linux.html#install-rpm

Created sym links as per instructions in this thread

This problem was only on two of our servers, the two I recently built.
Same version of K12LTSP different hardware. This is the fourth time this
hardware has come back bite me :-\

VNCVIEWER

Amazing what a difference a little extra bandwidth makes! Bright House
upped our bandwidth here at home. vncviewer performance was acceptable
the last time I used it from home, but now it is very, very usable.

John