[K12OSN] Built in New World Mac Thin Client support

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jan 12 14:10:02 UTC 2005

Is there a possibility that in the next release of LTSP we could get the
support for using iMacs as thin clients built in?  From replies from
Chuck L. it sounds like this is now possible but takes a little work.
It would be awesome to get this configured out of the box for deployment
around my area.  Every school currently has Bondi and other fruity
colored iMacs and the first question I get when talking about booting
old machines is "Can we use our current iMacs?", to which I answer very
carefully.  I think this support built in would help "sell" the concept
tremendously.

Eric, I know you have a ton going on without handling my problems, but
if you could get together with Chuck and get this integrated to the LTSP
package to the point that we could just network boot an iMac and
everything would magically work that would be great.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188