[K12OSN] I need to make Flash work faster....wanna pitch

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jan 12 18:01:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 11:28, Ramon wrote:
> The solutionyou proably want is opemosix (cluster of all your client pcs). It's a
> great solution in the theory of it. But putting it in practice has been a test.

I think what openmosix needs in the context of desktop clients is a
way to designate a set of servers and only allow a process to run
on your own client or one of the specified servers.  That way you
wouldn't risk having your processes run on someone else's desktop
where they could accidentally bump the power button and lose your
work. Or, run the most critical apps like openoffice from an app
server like you would without mosix.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com