[K12OSN] OT: best distro for laptop

aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org
Thu Jan 13 18:37:47 UTC 2005

I have used three distro's in the last few months on two laptops.  Mandrake
10.0 comminuty, Fedora 3, and SuSe 9.1. Currently running fedora 3 but I
think I am going back to Mandrake due the speed of package updates.  I am
not married to it or anything.  SuSe 9.1 from what I read is OK, but 9.2 is
better for a laptop.  I have not tried Mandrake 10.1 yet.  I must agree
with Lee, Fedora 3 was pretty friendly and easy to install.  I don't use
wireless and battey life is not an issue.  I am looking for the fastest
package updates so I can run the latest Gimp 2.x.x. and Blender.  Debian
maybe ?  Thanks.

FYI  fedora 3 and Suse 9.2 Professional on laptops.

Tom Ventresco.