[K12OSN] renaming IceWM

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Jan 14 14:24:36 UTC 2005

The other thing you could do would be to write a little script for each
application and in the script check to see if /home is local or nfs mounted, and
then use ssh if it is nfs mounted, and don't if it isn't.  For example:

if mount | grep home |grep : ; then
   ooffice
else
   ssh  computer1 ooffice
fi

Do it by hand first of course, because I think the above if statement will
return a 1 when it fails and a 0 when successful.  The greps look for home and
then look for a colon which I think will only be present if a hostname is part
of the providing partition, i.e., its mounted across the network via nfs.  There
may be a more robust way to detect it.

Petre