[K12OSN] backuppc

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Jan 15 01:32:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 12:35, Huck wrote:

> Les,
> Yay, the cgi-part is bite'n me in the butt...

On RedHat/Fedora you may need to:
yum install perl-suidperl
Look for the error messages in /var/log/httpd/error_log.

> other than that I found the
> 'smb' parameter and changed to 'rsync'...(better? worse? than rsyncd?)

If the target is unix/linux rsync is probably what you want.

> is there anything special I need to do to my LTSP box that I'm backing
> up or the BackupPC box, so the BackupPC box be able to talk to it?

You need to set up ssh keys so the backuppc user can execute commands
as root on the target machine without a password prompt.

> and I still haven't found the 'manual start' to make the backup
> begin...it seemed to do it automagically attempt this morning at about
> 2am or so, but

It is in the web page for the host.  You may need to set up
http authentication so you can log in as the backuppc admin
or the 'owner' for that host to see it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com