[K12OSN] [Possibel Bug] mysql not starting

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Jan 16 19:47:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Sudev Barar wrote:

> On install of K12LTSP-4.2 I found that mysqld service would not start.
> Investigating revealed that if you have installed selinux then this
> prevents mysql to be properly installed.
> Solution I found was to:
> 1. Change to root
> 2. edit /etc/grub.conf and added
> selinux=0
> at end of the boot parameter.
> 3. Wrote grub by giving command
> #grub
> 4. After re-boot gave command
> # mysql_install_db
>
> Is there any other way? Perhaps by giving proper policies for SeLinux?
> It is issue with FC3 rather than K12LTSP4.2

Rather than completely disabling SELinux, you can turn off specific
applications if you are having trouble with them.

Run system-config-securitylevel (System Settings -> Security Level),
click on the SELinux tab, SELinux Service Protection, and click on
the Disable SELinux protection for mysqld daemon.

-Eric