[K12OSN] K12LTSP Pre-Configured Servers and Workstations Available

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 08:22:28 UTC 2005

This is something of a shameless plug, but also an attempt to get
feedback from this list.

I've set up a website for the selling of pre-configured K12LTSP
servers (www.TechnologyRescue.com), and am interested in how that is
received by this list.  I have sold refurbished computer equipment for
16 years, and have been focused on serving the school market for the
last 5 or six years

The goal of TechnologyRescue is to provide an opportunity for schools
or businesses to implement linux thin client without having to start
from scratch, and to be able to actually call someone on the phone for
advice or help at a basic level.  I have also wanted to support Jim
McQuillan and DisklessWorkstations.com, so we are including support
time from that organization in the price of the servers.  This has
been part of a larger question we have had about appropriate
commercial models for open source software.

And, of course, I have substantial motivation to find a way to
continue to re-use computer equipment.  It takes more natural
resources to manufacture a pc than it does to manufacture a car, and
very little of that material can be recovered in "recycling."  Re-use
is a significantly better solution.

I hope you will help me to know what you think of this venture.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon