[K12OSN] Linux World

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 18 08:28:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:30:40PM -0600, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> Thanks for the tip!  I was thinking you couldn't get in unless you paid the
> big $$.  I am checking flight prices right now.  Hopefully I'll see you guys
> there.  I think I could learn alot just shooting the breeze for a couple of
> days.

I've always gone to LWE in San Francisco (or San Jose) for free.  They give
out tons of free passes to LUGs and the like.

I've helped staff booths (OSEF's, for example) in the past.

The last two years, my LUG has had our own booth, or shared with other LUGs.
That didn't cost anything, I don't think.  (If so, it was so negligible to
not be of significance to /my/ brain's storage system.)

-bill!