[K12OSN] OT: best distro for laptop

aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org
Tue Jan 18 15:05:55 UTC 2005

>>Everything is just plain standard--no surprises or "weirdness" with
>>configuration.  Therefore, my main desktop at home runs Slack 10.0.

Thanks TP.  I installed SuSE 9.1 this weekend and downloaded a fresh ISO of
Arch Linux (http://archlinux.org/).  Slackware got me into this crowd in
the first place...a SAM's book titled "Slackware 3.0 Unleashed" purchased
from Software Etc... and the sales guy told me "Linux was not going
anywhere, you don't hear to much about it any more" :) :) :) LOL.
Yet another ISO on the way - - Good times and thanks,
Tom Ventresco