[K12OSN] k12ltsp & SGI O2

aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org aust_txv at ACCESS-K12.org
Tue Jan 18 17:09:44 UTC 2005

>>We were donated about 40 SGI O2 R5000 and would love to be able to make
good use of these RISC boxes other that "cute" bookends. >>

Wow those are neat looking.  They are RISC R5000 cpu's like 210Mhz (RISC)
yes ?  I think you are in for a battle.  You can weave your own LTSP for
these I think with another OS.  Find a linux distro for that hardward and
see if it works.  These are not x86 workstations so an "out-of the box"
K12LTSP install won't work for you.  Try to find a linux distro for that
hardware.  They did not come with IRIX ?  Might have to go FreeBSD, I don't
recall seeing a linux distro for the R5000 cpu.  I would love to be wrong
for your sake. :) ;) They are cool are they blue or black ?
Hope this helps,
Tom Ventresco