[K12OSN] k12ltsp & SGI O2

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Tue Jan 18 17:18:40 UTC 2005

ramonklown at pop.com.br wrote:

>That's hot.
>just install it folowing the next buttons haha, on partition choose at least 700 mb
>for swap partition and make a separate partition for "/home".
>
>Not sure what motherboard you got but probaly it's a pxe complaint, so you just go
>to BIOS and set "Boot from Lan" or "Onboard Lan Boot Rom" set to enabled.
>
>the only configuration needed on the software is set ip 192.168.0.254 and submask:
>255.255.255.0
>
>very easy any body can install a PXE with this software.
>
>Peace,
>Ramon
>
>OBS: That's what I call a donation.
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Amongst the more enterprising members has anyone set up an SGI O2 box as
>>either a k12ltsp server or client and if so HOW !
>>We were donated about 40 SGI O2 R5000 and would love to be able to make
>>good use of these RISC boxes other that "cute" bookends.
>>
>>thks
>>
>>norbert

Hi,

No the "next" button doesn't work !!!! I've tried knoppix, Suse Live &
even Linspire live & none would boot (Not surprised this isn't an Intel
machine) Hence why I'm asking if anyone has a Risc compatible kernel or
better a "how to" to configure these.
Yes they use IRIX as an OS but I'm hoping that there's a linux distro
that can run on these

thks
norbert